Wednesday, January 20, 2010

happy 'daddy's alive' day





another miracle.
my daddy's my miracle.
and here is only one reason why..
24 years ago today he was in an auto pedestrian accident; he was the pedestrian. he was given a blessing that he would make it to medical attention and was rushed to a hospital. being in a type 3 coma, he had little chance of living. blessing after blessing, hope was brought into the hearts of my family. one day after an especially reassuring prayer given by the bishop, the neurologist approached my mother. he would know the best chance for my dad. he took my mom aside and asked if she was a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; she replied, yes. he then asked if she had been sealed in the temple; once again, she replied with a yes. then let him go; he told her. there is nothing more i can do for him. if he even lives, he will be a potato for the rest of his life. with that, he left the room. with having felt the spirit so strongly and knowing that my dad would be healed, my mom was confused when her most knowledgeable doctor told her to give up. that's when she decided to ask God for herself. she was ready to fight for him if he was going to live but she was also prepared to let him go if it was his time. that very day he showed his first sign of improvement; he opened his eyes. after all the doubts the doctors had, my dad walked out of the hospital with assistance.
he has continued to improve and is always striving to do better.
everyone who knows him, loves him.
he has such a sweet spirit and loves to serve those around him.
the most caring, loving guy i know.
i am especially thankful that he survived.. if you are unaware, i am 20 years old. this means his near-fatal accident happened 4 years before i was even born. if my mom had ignored the spirit and listened to the doctors, i would not be here.
I know my Savior lives. He died for me so I can return to live with Him and my Father once again through the power of the Atonement. I am so grateful for this.
He loves me and I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment